DID YOU KNOW?
The year 1994 was a very important year for the gaming community and here’s why. Read this week’s facts to find out. Enjoy!
1. Bananas in moderation are very good for you as they contain potassium. But! They are slightly “radioactive”. Our bodies naturally contain radioactive potassium and eating one or two bananas is not a cause for concern. 500 bananas a day on the other hand, could be considered lethal.
2. One of the greatest physicists of all time, Albert Einstein played the violin. When he would take a break from his work, he would do this while jotting down ideas for his work. Listening to classical music stimulates a part of the brain that enhances cognition.
3. Carpe diem is the famous Latin philosophical saying that is a part of a longer one, namely “Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero” which translates to “Seize the day, put very little trust in tomorrow”. Ponder over this for a moment.
4. Aurora Borealis, commonly known as the Northern Lights, is our planet’s magnetic field protecting us from the sun’s powerful emotions. This happens at both poles so there are also Southern Lights. What fiery beauty!
5. In psychology, negative bias refers to how our brains remember bad news more than good news. To override a negative thought, it takes 5 positive ones. The more reason to keep a positive mindset.
6. The PlayStation made its first debut in December 1994 in Japan. Initially, it was created through a partnership between Sony and Nintendo which was the major console giant then. Over time, Nintendo partnered with Philips and Sony eventually claimed that spot.
To apply for our tuition: click here