NUTRITION: FOUR WEEK DASH DIET PLAN
YOUR PERSONAL NUTRITIONIST: CANDICE McBRIDE
(MSc in Nutrition & Dietic)
If you are reading this, you are likely interested in transforming your life through good nutrition. I am a health & nutrition expert and enthusiast. Over the years I have discovered eating plans that have benefited many people’s health. I now work with other nutritionists at Cherry Hill to provide YOU with Good Food plans to improve your health.
We will aim to create new meal plans for you every 4 weeks.
1. Start on any day and follow the plan for 28 days.
2. Replace any foods you can’t eat with ones you can.
3. Message us your needs so we can address them in future plans to help others in your position.
WHY A MEDITERRANEAN DIET?
- The most obvious benefit of the DASH diet is its ability to reduce hypertension significantly. It has been found to reduce blood pressure by eight to fourteen points.
- That isn’t all this diet can do, it has also been found to improve the health of individuals with type 2 diabetes and chronic heart disease.
- Shown to help with weight loss.
HOW IT WORKS
- The DASH diet, which stands for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension is designed to help treat and reduced high blood pressure.
- The diet works by reducing foods that are high in sodium.
FOODS TO EAT
- Fresh fruit: fresh, frozen or canned. if canned fruit, it should be canned in its own juice and not syrup. Frozen fruit with low sodium added.
- Fresh vegetables: fresh, dozen or canned. Low sodium canned fruit and no added salt, butter or sauces in canned vegetables.
- Nuts, seeds, legumes: unsalted or low salt
- Lean meats, poultry, fish: fish, skinless chicken, pork tenderloin, extra lean ground beef, sirloin beef cuts. Poultry should not be injected with fat or broth.
- Condiments & seasoning: low or reduced sodium in herbs and spices.
FOODS TO AVOID
- fried foods
- vegetable shortening
Protein should be lean, so stick to white-meat chicken, turkey, and fish while you’re shopping. Other appropriate sources of protein could include low-fat yogurts and legumes.
SIMPLE TIPS TO HELP STICK TO YOUR PLAN
- Make a list of all the dash friendly foods you need.
- Ensure you eat a good dash meal before heading out to avoid having to snack on non dash food.
- Always carry vegan snacks when leaving the house.
- Stay informed and follow vegan support pages.
- Buy fresh food.
Visit our website to keep up to find out more about our tuition and services.