MENTAL HEALTH: DEPRESSION
We aim to provide solutions to your problems so you can be more successful. We are a dedicated team of specially trained experts. We hope to provide you monthly mental health advice to keep your mind sharp & healthy. We hope this provides help when you are down, or extra motivation when you need it.
- Our mental health articles will aim to identify & solve:
- a) Anxiety.
- b) Depression.
- c) Self-esteem issues.
- d) Grief.
- e) Stress induced by any situation.
ARE YOU SUFFERING FROM THESE SYMPTOMS:
- Persistent depressed mood.
- Decreased interest in things that you once enjoyed.
- Changes in appetite.
- Sleep disturbances.
- Feelings of worthlessness.
- Difficulty concentrating.
- Recurrent thoughts about death.
In children, these symptoms are present along with irritability and/or anger. Children also often don’t know how to talk about their feelings so it becomes difficult to spot.
YOU MAY BE SUFFERING FROM
While it is natural to use the internet to self-diagnose, this is not advised. It is imperative to seek psychological therapy immediately if you suspect you may have depression. The mental health specialist will ask you questions to find out if you are suffering from depression and how intense it is to find you the best possible treatment.
Parents should familiarise themselves with the symptoms and learn how to spot them. If the symptoms last for longer than two weeks, it is advisable to seek therapy ASAP.
This is the most silent killer in those that suffer from it. You probably don’t want to talk about it and you feel like no one else can understand where you are coming from.
Believe it or not, there is someone that can completely understand and wants to help you so please reach out to a mental health specialist before it’s too late.
LET US BUST OUT THE MYTHS
- You can “Get over it” – this disorder is caused by a number of factors including an imbalance of neurotransmitters.
- Depression only causes mental symptoms – while this is true, people living with depression also suffer physical symptoms.
- Only women get depressed – depression sees no race, ethnicity,economic group, age, and certainly no gender.
- Depression is untreatable – although it can make you lose all hope, there is certainly hope for those that seek help.