DID YOU KNOW?
If asked what the color of snow is, you would probably respond by saying it is white, right? Well, you are incorrect. Read these great facts that our team put together for you to enjoy and expand your knowledge.
1. Bananas are a great source of potassium to replenish your stomach if you have been throwing up. Bananas are one of the most sanitary fruits, because it’s protected by its peel. Think twice before you throw that peel away, though because it makes a great skin mask, compost and can aid in purifying water.
2. Surrealism Art refers to the nonsensically warped dream world of the imagination. Salvador Dali’s art, for example. Art critics try to unravel the psychology behind it, but art means different things to different people. A lot of popular surrealist used psychedelics for hallucination inspiration.
3. What colour is snow? It is not white, but semi-transparent or colourless. Because of this, light cannot easily pass through it like it would through glass. So the light is reflected off the surface of numerous snowflakes and is reflected as white. Some things are not what they seem, are they?
4. Equestrian Sports refers to sports that involve horses such as Show Jumping and Dressage. Competing internationally is a challenge if you live in Africa because of the long quarantine required for African Horse Sickness.
5. Contrary to what you might have been taught in history, Christopher Columbus was not the first European to reach the shores of North America. Centuries earlier, Leif Eriksson, who was a Norse explorer, tried to find a shorter route to Asia, but instead, landed in Newfoundland in North America.
6. The Rubik’s Cube was initially created to help the architecture students of a Hungarian professor, Ernő Rubik. Starting out as a wooden cube held together by rubber bands and paper clips, it has evolved into the colorful and puzzling toy that has taken the world by storm since its debut.
To apply for our tuition: click here