MENTAL HEALTH: IMPOSTER SYNDROME
We aim to provide solutions to your problems so you can be more successful. We are a dedicated team of specially trained experts. We hope to provide you monthly mental health advice to keep your mind sharp & healthy. We hope this provides help when you are down, or extra motivation when you need it.
- Our mental health articles will aim to identify & solve:
- a) Anxiety.
- b) Depression.
- c) Self-esteem issues.
- d) Grief.
- e) Stress induced by any situation.
ARE YOU SUFFERING FROM THESE SYMPTOMS:
Do you feel like you’re not good enough or don’t understand what makes others think of you the way that they do?
- Doubt yourself?
- Believe that external factors are the cause of your success or luck?
- Dread that you may not live up to expectations?
- Undermine your own success?
- Just keep overachieving?
YOU MAY BE SUFFERING FROM:
Imposter Syndrome (IS). Although not recognised in the psychology manual (DSM-5), it is an increasing cause for concern. This phenomenon is commonly known as an internal experience in which one firmly believes that one is not as competent as others perceive him/her to be.
There are different types through which this can appear.
- The perfectionist.
- The superhero.
- The expert.
- The natural genius.
- The soloist.
FOODS TO AVOID
To overcome Imposter Syndrome, ask yourself the following questions:
- “What core beliefs do I hold about myself?”
- “Do I believe I am worthy of love as I am?”
- “Must I be perfect for others to love me?”
If this is not dealt with promptly, it can cascade into a number of other mental health issues which will be addressed in the coming month.